You have more than likely heard that termites are among the most costly pests to come across. Termites are experts at remaining disguised and discreetly tearing your home apart, eating cellulose-based material which unfortunately just happens to be a material commonly used in constructing homes.
Unfortunately, there are other risks from having active, unseen termites. Termites may also damage foundations, furnishings, books, and much more. These workers are only 1 cm up to a few mm in size but that doesn’t even come close to signifying the massive damage they are able to readily induce. If you’ve already seen termites or simply suspect them call Top Termite Control Winnetka at (818) 273-6450 today to schedule an inspection!
Important Actions to Prevent & Deter Winnetka Termites
The best way to lessen the threat of termites from penetrating your property or house is via efficient deterrence and protection steps such as making sure of a moisture-free atmosphere and getting rid of any food sources that may attract termites. The following tips will help you further improve the defense against termites all around your premises:
- Repair leaks; sinks, water pipes, air conditioners, and so on.
- Keeping your rain gutters nice and clean routinely will minimize the risk of tempting undesired termites.
- There should be a small downward slope in the lawn surrounding your base to be certain water moves out from the structure properly.
- There should be very little plant covering and mulch near to the foundation of your property’s outer walls.
- A roof that works efficiently will not have any standing water or puddles present so look at it often.
- Check your air vents at your house to ensure there are not any obstructions.
- Prevent termites from trying to get indoors by investigating and correcting any entry points within the water lines and utility lines.
- Secure screens on all outer vents that don’t have one.
- Keep required wood debris (lumber, etc.) a considerable length away from your house.
- Look for termite problems on your own deck and fences.
- Your basic foundation and crawl space should never have lumber materials, paper or timber around it.
Termite Signs in Winnetka
There are certain warnings to look out for that could signify a pre-existing termite dilemma. Indicators of a termite issue include:
- A swarm of winged insects (termites) briefly inside your home.
- Termite frass (waste/feces).
- Hollowed out wood or wood that seems hollow when you tap on it.
- Dirt tunnels and tubes on the outside walls.
- The abandoned wings of swarmers (usually found near windows and doors).
If you have tried to look at the home but still aren’t sure termites aren’t there, or you would like protection from an expert; we are here to help you! Just phone Top Termite Control Winnetka at (818) 273-6450 to learn more about our termite solutions, or to get more information regarding the many other pests we treat for Winnetka residents and business owners. We can definitely come out and perform an inspection if need be